“Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity.”
‘Everything happens for a reason ‘ is definitely a phrase I have been meditating on since I broke the fibula in my right leg a few weeks ago while I was clearing up at a homeless shelter I run (if you would like to know more please contact me). It has given me a chance to reflect on my practice and become more understanding of my clients and the difficulties they may have in implementing changes to age old habits .
When unwell,it is all too easy to grab a cake or chocolate for comfort. However, it is important to feed the body with the right nutrients to aid and support the healing process, giving it the best tools for an effective and speedy recovery.
These are some rules I am following strictly !
- No dairy, processed sugar or refined carbs. Generally I do not eat these foods but I have made a concerted effort not to eat comfort foods while I am laid up. They are inflammatory and offer no benefits.
- Increased anti-inflammatory foods. Those that are high in the Omegas like oily fish, avocado, nuts and seeds. I am using loads of olive and flax oils and apple cider vinegar.
- Increased calcium and magnesium foods: My diet is organic most of the time in any event, but I am ensuring that while I am recovering that my toxic load is kept to a minimum. I feel my body is actually asking for these foods, so in fact my diet has become an even darker green. Wholefoods are, by their very nature, synergistically programmed to help repair, rebuild and maintain the body physically , mentally and spiritually.
- My slow cooker has been a God-send. I can ‘chop up and chuck in’ without too much effort. I have been adding Osius bone broth (email me if you want info on this amazing product) to the mix and cooking some great stews, vegetarian and meat. The meat becomes so tender that my digestive process does not need to waste any energy.
- Meditation is a vital tool and one does not need to be an master. However the application of some simple techniques to empty the mind can have far reaching effects.The inner balance and calm achieved have a significant effect on reducing stress levels thus demonstrating yet again the power of the mind over the physical body.
- For inflammation and pain a wonderful friend and colleague, Rose Chamberlain from The Healthy Tree, has made some lovely supplements. Using only organic ingredients she has produced a turmeric, cinnamon, ginger and black pepper capsule. I was taking up to 6 caps a day initially but now only 2 and sometimes none, giving me all the benefits of an pharmaceutical pain killer with none of the possible side effects. In fact I would say my well being has been great!
- To nourish my skeletal health I have been taking 3 tiny scoops of Okinawa Sea Coral Minerals. This powder is so fine and pure, and the minerals are ionised, so that absorption is maximised. The calcium / magnesium ratio is perfect.
- To assist with stress and joint problems and general mood, I have been drinking 30ml of Nano Mineral Water Gold daily.
- To support my immune system and regeneration of cartilage and connective tissue I have been using Nano Mineral Water Zinc: Copper.
- Regular re-balancing sessions on The Asyra/Qest4 Bioresonance machine. This has enormous benefits on read dressing imbalances physically and emotionally.